Monday, May 15, 2006

Thoughts about recent workouts

Sunday I took a rest day. I was surprisingly sore from mountain biking on Saturday. It's funny how I did a triathlon a couple weeks ago and wasn't the least bit sore afterward and then did a little mtn. biking and was sore as heck! I suppose it makes sense, b/c I used a bunch of muscles (esp. in my upperbody) that I haven't used, or at least not in that way, in quite a while. I must admit has been oddly good being sore. I guess it makes me feel that I really got a good workout in.

Tonight I went for a ride with the guys from the LBS. Just a short ride (~22 miles), but was at a pretty decent pace. I felt really strong throughout. This weekend I have a bike rally. I'm registered for the 100k route. I'm really stoked about it. It will be nice to get all those miles in. It will be my longest ride this season.

Going to a special women's triathlon night tomorrow at the LBS. Hopefully I will learn some good stuff. I have a list of questions going. It's nice living in Dallas where there are a trillion "local bike shops". The one I'm going to tomorrow, is not the same one that I go to to meet up with the guys for weekly rides, although I think it is the biggest one around and they sponsor races and rallies all over the area. Although I like the smaller shops, it is cool having the big one b/c they can draw a big enough crowd to put on big events like the one tomorrow night. Also, they stock a lot of tri gear in comparison to other local shops, which is nice b/c otherwise I'd have to order my tri stuff online and hope that it fits/ is what I want based on the pic online.

Well, I think I'm going to hit the hay.

Adios

2 comments:

:) said...

Woohoo...your second podcast was even better than the first! I love that you took time to cheer on the finishers at your race...

Keep up the hard work.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Hey,

I'm diggin' the the new gURLs on the podcast block.

Stay tuned...