Sunday, April 09, 2006

In the beginning...

So, I've finally broken down and decided to create my own blog. I will have to figure out how to customize it (i.e. make a cool custom title, add photo links, etc.) Until I figure all that out I will just talk a little about how my training is going. Yesterday was a great day. I went on a bike ride at White Rock Lake- I only did one lap, which is a pretty lame b/c it's only 9.5 miles around, but the wind was pretty bad so I decided I'd make up for it by going for a swim. I made it to the pool and swam for about a half hour, doing 1025 yds. Not outstanding by any means, but it was a major improvement for me to even get in the pool (swimming is my least fav of the 3). Then I decided to go for a run and listen to the latest podcast from Zen & the Art of Triathlon-- great, as always.

So, I ended up doing a mini tri yesterday. It was a great workout and I'm feeling excellent today. I'll probably go for a run later.

Btw, I've been using www.fitday.com to track my workouts and nutrition--thanks to a recommendation from a Zen Tri member-- and I must say it is awesome (as SimplyStu would say). The best part is that it's free! So, check it out.

-Cara

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Good suggestion on the website.