Sunday, May 11, 2008

A duathlon and a 10k

So, I've been racing the past couple weekends. Last weekend was a duathlon in Greenwich, CT and yesterday I did a 10k trail run on Block Island (a little island off the coast of Rhode Island). I placed 3rd in my AG at the du and 4th at the trail run. I was pretty stoked about that. At the du they handed out little goodie bags in lieu of medals. The bag was a mesh pull string one and had a nice pair of socks, running gloves, and a clif bar inside. The value of those things was more than my race entry fee, which is cool. Anyway, here are a few pics...
This is me with one of my teammates who also placed. Notice the goodie bags we have slung over our shoulders.
Happily taking some water right after crossing the finish line.
My crazy team!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Awesome finishes!
I rode past a sprint tri in sudbury Mass today and saw one of your teammates. You guys are everywhere!

SM said...

Block Island....thats my neck of the woods. I love that island. I will be entering the Sprint Tri this summer on the Block. Glad everything is holding up well for ya.