Sunday, April 22, 2007

I did it!

Well, it's official, I'm a marathoner. I completed my first marathon on Saturday in Charlottesville, VA. I would report more, but I don't want to spoil the next episode of In Transit-- where you'll get full details.

Here's a pic I swiped off the race web site (yes, the course really looked like this. It was beautiful).














This is how the course was divided up in regard to vertical time and the elevation distribution. In short: it was HILLY! (hint: click on pics to see a larger image).



6 comments:

greyhound said...

Good for you. Keep dreaming big.

SixTwoThree said...

YEA, I can't wait to hear the next episode! I did my first tri of the season yesterday - an oly in the desert:-) We'll have to celebrate with a virtual toast!

Trisaratops said...

Yahooooooooo! Congrats!

And welcome to the bunknasty feet club! I ALWAYS lose my second from the middle toenails, and my big one on the left foot is ALMOST grown in from when the whole darn thing fell off after Ironman. That's hot!

Robin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I did my 1st marathon last year. Very exciting!

LoneStarCrank said...

Can't wait to hear all about it. Looks like your success was made sweeter by the beautiful course.

Congratulations!!!!

Kate said...

Rock on girl! I knew you could do it. Can't wait to hear more.