Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 6 Marathon Training

Well, I'm still working on my marathon training, but have had a bit of struggle getting my motivation up to get my long run miles in. Last week I was scheduled to run 10 miles, but only got 5 in because I procrastinated on going and ended up running out of daylight (plus it was freakin' cold). Yesterday wasn't quite as bad-- I was supposed to run 7 miles and ended up doing about 4.5-5miles, but with some serious hills thrown in. It was fun though-- I got to meet Trisaratops, who was in town for work, and we ran together at the local park. There should be some audio from our run included in the next In Transit episode.

I've been good about getting my weekday distances in, but just need to do the long runs. So important! Next Saturday I'm slated for 12 miles and am bound and determined to get each and every one of those miles in. I will just put the past behind me where it belongs and move forward from here. Sticking to the plan!

Oh, and I just registered for Charlottesville Marathon-- it's official now. I'm in!

2 comments:

Trisaratops said...

THANKS again for taking me for a fun and ass-kickin' run! :) Sure wish I coulda gotten breakfast with you afterwards...that would have been much more fun than what I actually did. ha ha Thanks!

Elizabeth said...

Dude, I'm so jealous that you got to meet Trisaratops! =( No one ever comes to Dallas. Gosh...
That's so cool!