Friday, July 21, 2006

Completed the race and saw the Grand Canyon


Well, the race (Mountain Man olympic in Flagstaff) was on Sunday and although I didn't do quite as well as I would have liked, I did finish the race and place 5th out of 9 in my age group. I was really shocked about that because I ended up walking part of the run. I was truly amazed how many people were walking on the run course. Many people were complaining about breathing problems due to the altitude (7000ft). I was one who had a bit of difficulty breathing as well. Half of the run course was super steep though, so that didn't help.

After the race we spent Monday through Wednesday at the Grand Canyon, visiting both the North and South rims. I had never been there, but I must say it was truly beautiful and unlike anything I had ever seen.

We're still making our way back to TX, so there will be more to come and a full review on our next podcast when we get back.

3 comments:

liz said...

so awesome ! congratulations ! i can't wait to hear about it. drive safely.

Lance Notstrong said...

Sounds like a nice racing/vacation :-)

Barb said...

Very cool! Can't wait to hear the race report!