Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Norfolk Pub 10 Miler



Well, it has happened, I have finally raced again! I haven't raced since the half ironman back in September, although I have still been working out. This was a 10 mile run in Norfolk, CT. Norfolk is in Litchfield County, which equals uber hilly. The race had a nice start time of 11am. Sweet. The temp was 22 degrees, brrrr, and the roads had snow/ice coverage throughout much of it. I went into the race with the mindset that I was just going to take it easy, not out to break any records, but being the competitor I am I set a goal time for myself of 1:40 (10 min miles). I missed my goal by 1 min 17 seconds, with a total time of 1:41:17. I was a bit disappointed about that, but I ran the race very conservatively because this is the longest distance I've run in quite some time. I think the longest run before this I recently ran was around 6 or 7 miles. Despite missing my goal time I actually won my age group (albeit there were only 83 runners total). This was a fun race and the entry was a reasonable $15 (or $10 if you register early). It is definitely a challenging course, but fun, and you get a free beer with your bib tag at the end of the race!

3 comments:

SixTwoThree said...

Hey, good job on those snowy and icy roads. You know what else they have in Norfolk? Curling! Yes, I once won a women's bonspiel in Norfolk. It's a great off-season activity - good for the glutes all right. I miss it! Try it sometime. You finish every game with a beer/drink :-) It's a tradition, dating back over 450 years.

Marci said...

Congrats on your run, even if missed your goal by just that much! You'll get 'em next time!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

First is first, small field or large, you are the champ.

Way. To. Go!

Stay tuned...