Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A refreshing outlook

Tonight I went for a leisurely 40 minute run through a nice neighborhood in Dallas. I chose to wait until after sunset because it is so freakin' hot here. Even at 9pm it is still a little too warm for comfort. So, I'm running along, listening to my music and timed it just right to run through 2 sets of sprinklers. So refreshing. Now, don't get me wrong, this isn't a new experience, but I must say for some reason I just appreciated it more tonight. Although I still miss the natural green grass back in Iowa, the one good thing about living in a nice neighborhood is that everyone takes good care of their imported lawns and that means sprinklers going full blast each night. The runner's dream.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How true this is...how true! LOL

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I love running through the sprinklers.

Maaaaaan, I love this sport.

Stay tuned...

:) said...

I don't like the squishy sock feeling, though...

Barb said...

We're having a heat wave here in the NW. I makes scheduling workouts a little tougher! No one runs sprinklers out here! Whaaa!