Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another soggy triathlon??

Well, it's the eve of my final triathlon of the season-- the Monster Spring Tri in Keller, TX. The forecast is calling for thunderstorms all morning long!! ugh. If you recall my last triathlon (Texas Man), it was also a rainy day. Luckily the rain let up just long enough to complete that race though.

Also, the Monster tri has a Halloween theme that comes with a costume contest for the run portion. And, of course, that means I must join in on the fun. I won't give away what I've decided to dress up as, that'll be in the next episode of In Transit.

Oh, and Triboomer is going to be my correspondent tomorrow (yay!). I don't know anyone else doing this race, so I'm happy he'll be there to join in on the fun.

Expectations: I think this will be a fun race. The swim should go off without a hitch (it's a 300 m pool swim). The bike should be good (12 miles), unless the weather doesn't cooperate. The run: interesting b/c I'll be wearing a costume and also fun to see what other people come up with.

I also did a 50 mile bike rally today in Denton (the Denton Power Rally), so it should be interesting to see if that has any effect on my race performance. I feel pretty good right now though.

So, I'm crossing my fingers that it is not downpouring during the race. I'm curious how it will be handled if the weather is bad. I just hope the race goes on!

Okay, that's enough for now. Full coverage to come in the next show!

4 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Hope the race went well!

:) said...

Hope you had a good time!!!

Anonymous said...

i hope you had fun. i can't wait to hear about it !

Barb said...

Awesome job on the Monster Tri! The pictures were great!